New Zealand Law
These terms and your use of this website are governed by New Zealand law.
Privacy Statement December 2020
We will tell you about any changes to our Policy by posting an updated Privacy Statement on our website.
1. What personal information do we collect?
Mackersy Property collects personal information about you which is reasonably necessary for us to conduct our relationship with you. We will collect personal information from you during face-to-face meetings, telephone discussions and via email communications. We may also collect your personal information within our application forms, sales and purchase agreements or website. This personal information allows Mackersy Property to fulfil the legal obligations it has under the Anti-Money Laundering and Counter Financing of Terrorism legislation (‘AML’), and its reporting requirements to the IRD or FMCA.
“Personal Information” refers to all and any information relating to an investor, including, but not limited to, an investor’s name, date of birth, contact numbers, email address, mailing address, copies of identity documents, bank statements, bank deposit slips etc.
For statistical purposes, Mackersy Property may collect information on its website activity (such as number of users who visit our website, the date and time of visits, the number of pages viewed, navigation patterns, what country and what systems users have used to access the site, and when entering our website from another website, the address of that website) through the use of ‘cookies’. This information on its own does not identify an individual but it does identify a user’s browser type and their Internet Service Provider. Cookies also provide Mackersy Property with statistics that can be used to analyse and improve our website. If you do not wish to receive cookies, you can set your browser so that your computer does not accept them.
We may log IP addresses (that is, the electronic addresses of computers connected to the internet) to analyse trends, administer the website, track users movements and gather broad demographic information.
2. Collecting Information from Third Parties
We may collect personal information about you from publicly available sources, such as the Companies Office. With your written consent we may contact your financial advisor, lawyer or accountant for further details or clarification.
3. How do we use personal information?
We use personal information for the following reasons:
- Contacting you regarding offers, events, market research, or surveys
- Providing you with market commentary, updates and information
- Communicating with you on promotional or publicity matters
- Improving our website and its content
- Any other use consented to, or directly related to the reason the information was provided
4. How do we store and secure personal information?
Mackersy Property maintains your personal information securely to protect it against loss, unauthorised access and other misuse. We provide a robust security environment. Your personal information can be accessed only by us or someone you or we have authorised to access the information, who is also required to comply with confidentiality and privacy. We will let you know if we become aware of any data breach. We are also obliged to notify the Privacy Commission of any breach which has the potential to cause you harm.
5. Managing your personal information
Mackersy Property takes all reasonable steps to protect your personal information from misuse and loss and we ensure that your personal information can only be accessed by people authorised to have access. We may store your personal information in hard copy documents or electronically. We maintain physical security, such as locks and security systems, for our premises. We also use technology to maintain the security of our computer network and employ firewalls and other security measures such as passwords to control access to our computer systems. Where we store your personal information on computer servers maintained by third parties (such as in the Syndex platform), we ensure that those third parties use technology to keep your information secure.
6. Disclosing information
Mackersy Property does not sell personal information to other organisations.
We will not disclose your personal information to other people or agencies except where:
- you have authorised the disclosure
- disclosure is to a law enforcement agency entitled to such information in the proper exercise of its powers
- we are required to provide the information by law
- disclosure is required for safety and security purposes
- disclosure was part of the purpose for collection of the information
- disclosure is necessary to review or improve our services
7. How to protect your privacy
No data transmission over the internet, or information stored on servers accessible through the internet, can be guaranteed fully secure. You can assist in protecting your privacy by:
- contacting us immediately if your contact details changes
- keeping your username and passwords confidential and secure at all times
- taking reasonable steps to ensure that the computer, mobile device or email account you use to interact with us stays secure, uses anti-virus/malware software, personal devices are locked, and that you avoid using public computing facilities
- not sharing your usernames and passwords, and changing them regularly
- letting us know immediately if you believe your security has been compromised
8. Correction of your personal information
You have the right at any stage to request us to provide you with access to the personal information we hold about you. If you believe there is an error in your personal information, we will respond to any request to correct personal information held about you as soon as we receive such a request.
For any inquiries regarding this Statement, or with any concerns or complaints, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org